Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Professional Massage Products on Amazon.com

Amazon is huge. And I'm not talking about the 1.6 million square mile rainforest in South America. Amazon.com is even bigger.

Although Amazon offers many navigational aids such as categories, similar items, "customers who bought this also bought...", reviews, wish lists, user lists, forums, and more, finding your way around can be a pain. A few weeks ago, I sapped several hours of my time browsing for books on only a single subject. It seemed that every book or DVD I found led me to a choice of a dozen more products, each leading to even more. After having a few dozen tabs open (like a trail of breadcrumbs to let me know where I'd been) it got a little overwhelming.

I decided to compile as much professional massage material as I could locate. A hard task. When you search for "massage" and "massage therapy" and many other terms that seem pretty self-explanatory the stuff you want is interspersed with many sexual massage products, online marketing courses and the like. Products aren't always filed under the keywords you would expect them to be and there is little to distinguish products for professionals and home-user materials. It's a lot of work. But the good news is, I did a good amount of that work for you.

I set up an aStore at Amazon called the Massage Continuum Store (a standing link to it on the right) that breakes up a lot of these Amazon products into more professional massage therapist friendly categories - primarily into DVD, book, and equipment categories. I have not reviewed, nor would I recommend every product in there, but at least it is in one place for you to evaluate on your own. I will be posting my reviews of the products I do have experience with and will attempt to move the ones I recommend and have had experience with towards the front of each section.

I hope that this helps finding the products you need!

No comments: